Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

April 21, 2005

Words on the Wind

In the "life-imitates-art" department, I had an experience yesterday not unlike this fanciful description of a certain dramatic way God sometimes intervenes in our daily lives. I was walking over a bridge, maybe 60 feet up from the street below, when I spotted a rectangle of paper pressed against the outside of the chain-link fence that runs along the edge of the bridge. The stiff wind had plastered it there, twitching helplessly like a small bird. I reached through the fence, plucking it from the wind's grasp. It was a little bigger than a baseball card. On one side, in elegant script, was the following message:

The Blessing of Almighty God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit descend upon you and grant you everlasting life. Amen.
I'll take it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I would accept that blessing, too!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home