Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

December 27, 2004

John Cadman, 1977-2004

If you were with me back in October, you may remember that I was best man at my friend John's wedding. I wrote about it here. This evening I learned from his wife, Janel, that John passed away this afternoon of a massive seizure. He was 26 years old.

John was big, gentle, and loving. Built like a linebacker, he loved dance, poetry, and freely expressed emotion. Most of all he loved people. My kayaking expeditions with John on Casco Bay were among the finest experiences of my life.

I know a couple of things for sure. I know Janel is devastated. She doesn't understand. I don't understand. When she spoke to me this evening, she said with an almost supernatural calmness, "Honey passed away this afternoon." Honey passed away.

The other thing I know is that John is at home with the Lord. He loved God with all his heart. He is dancing now in Heaven with beautiful abandon, honoring his Lord.

2 Comments:

Blogger Feeble Knees said...

Bob, I am so sorry for those that John has left behind, there are no words that suffice at a time like this. I pray that you are comforted by the presence of the Lord and the assurance that John is home at last.

God bless you,
Feeble

8:21 AM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

Thanks, Feeble. I value your prayers.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home