Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

August 29, 2005

Like a Goodbye, but Not

I'm starting up a new blog. Well, actually, I just did so. It's called Gratitude & Hoopla. Why have I done such a thing? I don't know exactly, except that it just seemed time for a change. I've been blogging here at Mr. Standfast for a couple of years now, going on 600 posts. I've acquired many blogging friends here and I've held forth at length on the grace and love of God. I'm going to keep doing that at G & H. If there's a difference, it will only be the difference that time makes, and my own growth in the love and grace of God.

What will happen to Mr. Standfast? I'm not sure. I haven't actually decided with certainty that I won't ever post here again. I'm still waiting for that answer. In the meantime, over at Gratitude & Hoopla I'll continue sharing whatever good things come my way. I'll meditate on Scripture, and speak often of the sheer wondrous and abundant grace of God, the Father of Lights. As I mentioned in my first post there, I am entering upon a new season in my own life. A new season requires a new song. And a new blog!

Finally, I should simply mention, this is just me talking. Me. Not some great authority, not some voice of great wisdom, just me. I'm sitting here, letting the words come, speaking, however imperfectly, out of my heart. If there's wisdom, it's mixed well with foolishness. But it's me. I'm in love with God, and in all truth I should be forever in his debt, and yet I'm not. You know why? Because He's wiped the ledger clean. He's not keeping an account any more. And this incomprehensible grace is all because of the cross. Because of the cross, God has not only wiped the ledger clean, He's broken it in a thousand pieces. Therefore, the only natural response is . . . Gratitude & Hoopla!

5 Comments:

Blogger HeyJules said...

I've got you bookmarked! Can't wait to see what the new blog will bring.

Blessings,
Jules

10:41 AM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

Very cool. You'll be the first to go on my new blogroll.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Lyn said...

I'm in a new phase myself and am starting a new blog and looking for like minded travelers. I like what I've read so far and will follow along to G&H. Will add you to my blog roll as well. Consider some of my posts and let me know if it's reciprocal. :-) lgp

6:32 PM  
Blogger Brad Huston said...

Blessings, Bob, you'll be missed in one way, welcomed in another. Looking forward to the new blog.

Brad

12:50 PM  
Blogger John said...

Bob, I would say the same as Brad, and I know in my spirit that G&H will be as good if not better than Mr. Standfast.

GBYAY

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home