Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

August 09, 2005

A Few New Faces

I'm still messing with the blogroll. Actually, "messing with the blogroll" is one of the secondary pleasures of blogging. Anyway, I think I'm destined to be continually changing the labels, adding and subtracting bloggers, etc. In any case, here are a few recent additions.

First comes Jesus Creed. For those of you unfamiliar with Scot McKnight's work, the "Jesus Creed" is, in a nutshell, to love God and love your neighbor. Scot, like so many others, is engaging critically and "generously" with the emergent church movement. Now, I myself tend to flee from the mere mention of the e-word, but you can't help but like McKnight's writing, which is refreshingly free of religious cant. And BTW, he recently suggested 10 books that might serve as a theological corrective to the errors of the "Left Behind" series. I'm going to take advantage of Scot's list real soon.

Next, Rooted in Him. I discovered this blog through a comment in response to a recent post. Lots of encouragement from Scripture, occasional word studies, and a general attitude that is fundamentally Word-centered. That's the sort of stuff I will always want to return to frequently, which is the fundamental reason for a blogroll, right?

Zayd's Dad has his mind on things above. He is a missional blogger at heart, with a focus on the church in the developing world. His recent post on taking risks had real resonance in my own heart:

Paul was the ultimate RISK TAKER for God. We need more risk takers. Many want to define risks solely on the basis of adrenaline that pumps through ones veins after jumping out of a plane but can we risk for something greater? I am hungry to listen to the voice of God and instruct me and lead me, not knowing everything that is ahead of me BUT RISK for the sake of His name/fame in places of the world where few call him Lord.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

It is apparent that you put a lot of effort into your blogroll, which is probably what makes it so interesting.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Violet N. said...

I just noticed the new blogroll format. Interesting concept. Are you implying we should know all those references which title your categories by memory? You're showing me up!

Always interesting to drop by here!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

Ha, not that I remember them myself! Actually, I arranged the blogroll that way on a whim, and hoped that as time went on I myself would be ble to remember the verses and why I used them to describe certain blogs. It's sort of working out that way. A little. But I have a hunch that a new arrangement is on the way. These labels just aren't descriptive enough. Better to keep things plain and clear. We'll see . . .

11:39 AM  
Blogger Rooted in Him said...

My first blogroll!

Thank you.

You hit on exactly what I am trying to do.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home