Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

June 27, 2005

Just Dropping By

Summer has finally arrived. Hazy mornings. Hot, desultory afternoons. You get the feeling that the best thing you could do would be, well, nothing at all. Just moments ago a groundhog scampered beneath my kitchen windows, on his way to some juicy leaves in the neighbor's yard. Soon he'll go underground, keeping cool in the moist earth. Smart groundhog!

Later this week I'll be headed to Pennsylvania, to my mother's house, for about 5 days, and will be out of blogging-range. Respite, I think that's the "sonorous" word I'm looking for here.

Can you tell I've got very little to say this morning? I did want to thank Kim, however, she of The Upward Call, for her kinds words about Mr. Standfast (here). It really blessed me, Kim, and it showed me that Mr. Standfast is the kind of blog I'd intended it to be. Again, thanks very much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

It was my pleasure.

1:29 PM  
Blogger John said...

Have a great and refreshing time Bob, and I totally agree with Kim's assessment, its a great blog!

GBYAY

6:53 PM  
Blogger Brad Huston said...

Bob,

God bless you on your journey, you'll be missed but not forgotten.

Brad

12:44 AM  
Blogger David Warren Fisher said...

Mr. Standfast is certainly the type of blog I enjoy visiting every day. Keep up the great work!

In His love,

David

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home