Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

May 24, 2005

Working the Blogrolls

So yesterday's post, which featured Panda's Ponderings, drew a response from Julianne, who blogs at Semper Reformanda, and who found me through Aron's Some Thoughts. She's got a good thing going over there at "Semper Ref". She says of herself:

"My mission statement would follow that of John Piper's (well, really Paul's): I exist to spread a passion for the supremacy of God, in all things, for the joy of all peoples, through Christ Jesus."
At Julianne's blog I discovered Micah's, called Resolution 57. Why does he call it that? Well, because Jonathan Edwards' 57th resolution was:
"Resolved, when I fear misfortunes and adversities, to examine whether I have done my duty, and resolve to do it; and let it be just as Providence orders it. I will, as far as I can, be concerned about nothing but my duty and my sin."
Ah, two clicks, and two mission statements. From "Res' 57" I clicked to Abundant Life, where Jessica holds forth:
"a girl on a quest to draw nearer to the heart of God, and in the process people as well!"
and then to Journey of the Heart. That's the blog-home of Gayla, who says of herself:
"Daughter of One King; wife to one man; mother to one son; owner of one dog. On the journey to find my way, follow Christ, and finish well."
Voices of clarity, of purpose, of hope. Jesus followers. Darn cool stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You know, Bob, I think I have found more good blog suggestions here than any other place I have read. You always pick real goodies.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

Thanks, Kim. That's one of the pleasures of blogging, isn't it. I'm really glad to be of service in this way. :-)

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I found you on Aron's blog and I'm glad I stopped by. (I was also pleasantly surprised to see that you already found me.)

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home