Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

April 16, 2005

Finish Me

Do not abandon the work of your hands, O Lord.
Do not leave me half-formed on the potter's wheel.

Design me, Lord, and skillfully craft me.

If your were to turn your attention from me,
If you were to leave me unfinished,
I would be fit for nothing,
and object of scorn, without grace or beauty,
a potsherd on the rubbish heap.

Finish me, Maker.
I am yours.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Amen Bob Amen,

What an awesome post for today. It is the desire of my heart this day.

That the Lord would design me and skillfully mold and shape me into an instrument in His hands.

Blessings my friend!!

Writing for the King,

Paul

1:32 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

This is really beautiful.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home