Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

April 23, 2005

Feeling Bookish

I like book lists. Jared at The Thinklings recently asked readers what was the last good book they'd read, and what are they reading now. The responses are very interesting. Meanwhile Kim at The Upward Call listed the books in her "to-read" stack. Whoa! Both these lists are interesting and give me ideas. For example, a couple of Jared's responders mentioned Till We Have Faces, a book I've been wanting to re-read for some time now. That's coming soon.

As for my current reading, I find myself in a familiar predicament. I'm reading too many books at once. A biography of Puritan leader John Winthrop, a new baseball book, a Stephen Lawhead fantasy, and now, just arrived, John Stott's The Incomparable Christ. I have high expectations for this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

This is the second time in two days someone has mentioned Stephen Lawhead. My best friend has just been raving about him. Thanks for the link. I think I must check him out.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

I'm really enjoying it. I've read several other of his fantasies, but this seems more thoroughly imagined than the others. A page-turner!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Incomparable Christ" is really great.
-- Jared

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home