Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

April 07, 2005

Cross Quote #7

This one's from D. A. Carson:

I fear that the cross, without ever being disowned, is constantly in danger of being dismissed from the central place it must enjoy, by relatively peripheral insights that take on far too much weight. Whenever the periphery is in danger of displacing the center, we are not far removed from idolatry.
from The Cross and Christian Ministry (p. 26)

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Bogert said...

Perfect quote for where I am in my sermon planning for Sunday.
Thanks! How did you know it would come in handy as I was studying? (grin)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Bullseye.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

Peter, glad to be of service. As an old Pennsylvania boy myself (Wilkes Barre), I guess we're just simpatico!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Great post, Bob. Wrote about it at my blog tonight. Peace.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home