Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

February 14, 2005

Greek to Me

I don't know what's come over me, but I've decided to dabble in teaching myself a little New Testament Greek. I'm worried that the whole process may be an unnecessary distraction, an intellectual exercise that consumes more time than it's worth, but today I've gone and purchased a little book called Teach Your New Testament Greek by Gavin Betts. Perhaps this is just one of those brief flings, a kind of passing fancy, but then that's what I expected blogging to be, and look at me now!

So if it's a foolish notion, Lord let me find that out quickly. Still, many have testified as to the benefit of this kind of study, and at the very least it will test my mental fiber a bit, which is never a bad thing. Onward, eternal students of the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home