Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

January 01, 2005

Have a Spirit-filled and God-glorifying 2005!!

Well, it was almost 15 hours into the new year and before I finally slept! Not like me at all, that. The memorial service for John was simply wonderful. It was actually the first truly Christian funeral I've ever attended. We entered sadly, but we left rejoicing. The name of Jesus Christ was lifted high throughout, and even John's mother seemed to gain a measure of assurance and joy. John and Janel's church family was simply amazing. And Janel was, well, inspiring.

After the service we drove home (2 and a half hours) and I joined in with a group of people who had committed themselves to 24 hours of worship and prayer as a way to usher in the new year. They'd begun at noon on New Year's Eve, and I joined them about 10:00 in the evening. Most of my time was spent at a church made up largely of immigrants from central Africa. Man, these folk can worship the Lord. It was an awesome experience. So, after celebrating the life of my friend John in the afternoon I joined in praise and prayer that went through the night and on to noon the next day. There was a powerful anointing on this whole period, and much Holy Spirit ministry, as we consecrated the coming year to the Lord. It was awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home