Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

November 10, 2004

Spiritual Blessings

Paul wrote to the Romans: "I long to see you that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong--that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."

This is my vision for Mr. Standfast. Although I will probably never "see" you, I can impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong. Yes, that would be wonderful. And you in turn, by the comments you post and through your own blogs, can also encourage me. Then we are mutually built up, imparting to one another such encouragement and hope as to defy the world's claims on us. We become connected on a spiritual level that is quite literally "heavenly."

I have been doing this for over a year now, and as the months have passed this purpose has clarified itself. What started as a whim has become a mission. Through Mr. Standfast I want to offer a testimony of the goodness of God, I want to build up my brothers and sisters, I want to be a light in the darkness, an intimation of the Spirit, even a conduit of Kingdom power. I want to be a haven of blessings. Lord, let me not stray from this purpose, but always follow on where you lead. May Jesus Christ be praised in all that I write here. If you are suffering now, go to Him. He is willing to heal you and cleanse you even now. (Mark 1:41) He reigns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home