Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

October 08, 2004

A Semi-Sabbatical?

Getting ready for a big weekend. I'll be "best man" at my friend John's wedding on Sunday. What an honor. I'm so looking forward to this! It means, though, that I'll be out of town for a couple of days, so in terms of blogging I guess I'm still in a semi-sabbatical mode.

***

I said in my last post I've been feeling sort of inexpressive lately. I think that that's going to change when I get back into a small-group, which is going to happen next week. If God has been telling me anything lately, it is to focus on His love. That love, God's love, is the ultimate thing, the all-conquering thing, the bringer not only of consolation but of victory. But unfortunately we have a tendency to talk about love, even God's love, in a kind of generalized or fuzzy way, as if it were more a theory than a reality.

Austin-Sparks, whose work I'm gradually making myself acquainted with, wrote with clarity and precision on this subject in His Great Love. I've only read a small part of this, but what I have read is really inspiring. More on the subject in days to come.

Oh, and by the way, Rebecca Writes is working on a post on the subject of God's love. What exquisite timing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home