Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

October 18, 2004

Great Expectations

My son Nate lives in a large house with a whole gang of other believers. I guess you could say, in the current lingo, that they're attempting to live in and develop "intentional community." They're attempting to do "life together" as followers of Jesus.

Well, this evening I'm going over there for a visit. We're going to break bread together, then we're going to worship the Lord together, then I've been asked to bring a teaching from Bonhoeffer's book, Life Together. You may remember that I blogged at length about this book about two months ago.

I'm really looking forward to this. I don't so much want to "teach" as simply provoke thought and discussion around a few of Bonhoeffer's ideas, and then I'd really like to have an extended time of prayer for each other as a community.

I covet all the prayer I can get for this. I'll report back tomorrow. All I can say is, I know that the grace of God is going to fill the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home