Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

October 05, 2004

Books in the Mail!

Okay, I'm back. It's been nice to take a little break. As I mentioned in my last post, I simply don't seem to have much to say lately. I've been feeling very dull-witted and inexpressive. Even in my prayers. There may be several reasons for this, but in any case, I think I'm coming out of the haze.

One of my usual birthday presents is a 50 dollar gift-card from Border's. This year I spent it online rather than going to the local outlet (choosing clicks over bricks). I picked up three books, their combined price coming to exactly 50 bucks! Two were by D. A. Carson: a daily devotional called For the Love of God, and a book about 1 Corinthians 12-14, called Showing the Spirit. The third book is a classic Scriptural exposition by the inestimable Martyn Lloyd-Jones. I've read his Studies in the Sermon on the Mount before in a library edition, but decided I really wanted to have my own copy. So it looks like I've got some good reading ahead of me. Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home