Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

September 14, 2004

A Groggy Hello


Arrived home from Pennsylvania yesterday evening. The week at my mother's house was strangely exhausting, even though I didn't do very much at all there. Mostly listened to people talking. That's what I return with, the sound of talking. I close my eyes and even now, this moment, I here the voices. Almost never the words themselves, but just the sound of them. Like the sound of the sea in a conch shell.

My mother is doing well. I think she is greatly relieved, actually. I reacquainted myself with my sister and her family, and with my brother. That's good. The trick now is not to let ourselves drift apart.

And that's all for now. I am feeling rather disoriented. Hello to all my blogging friends, and thank you for your prayers. Back soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home