Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

June 28, 2004

Way Cool Weekend


Have I ever told you that I sing in a local interdenominational choir? It's called Choir for Higher. Well, on Saturday we went to the choir director's wedding. She and her new hubby have their own website (here). Anyway, that was just a beautiful celebration and lots of fun.

And yesterday the choir sang at a special worship celebration at a local African church. This is the second time we've sung there, and I want to tell you, it's always powerful and inspiring. These people really know how to make a joyful noise. I think that most of the members are from central and western Africa. Rwanda, The Congo. Burundi. The service started at 4:00pm and it was still going strong when we left at 8:30. I mean, the place was rocking.

Remember my hermit-crab mentality? Well, I think God pulled me out of it this weekend. Isn't He good? The service on Sunday morning was just very powerful. There was a lot of prayer, a lot of mininstry in the Spirit, a lot of awesome testimony. This is what the Vineyard church is supposed to be all about, but what we got away from during the vaunted 40 day thingie. The Lovely L. and I came away saying, "Ah, now that's more like it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home