Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

June 09, 2004

Two Women


I've got two people on my mind this morning, one of whom some of my regular readers already know about. Let me tell you about them both.

The first, Anne, is lying in a hospital this morning. She went in yesterday because she seemed to be having a heart attack. Turns out she has blood clots in her lungs. She'll be in the hospital for two or three days as they try to dissolve these clots and keep her under observation. I don't think she knows the Lord. I do know that she's prone to resentment and negativity. There is a root of bitterness in her soul. I am going to visit her this morning. Pray that I can serve the kingdom for those few minutes I will be allowed to see her.

The other woman is Judy. Some of you have prayed for her in the past, and you deserve an update. Her "boyfriend" (let those quotation marks indicate a tone of extreme sarcasm) has given her to the end of the month to get out. Their fights seem to be turning violent at times. She needs, obviously, to get out of that situation, but she also needs Jesus. I'm thinking this morning of Psalm 119:32: "I will run the path of your commandments, for you have set my heart free." And it's just very clear to me that Judy's heart is in bondage. Her boyfriend, who is truly her enemy, has done her a favor by forcing her to move out. That is a step toward freedom in the physical realm, but she is not free, it seems clear to me, at the heart-level that the Psalmist speaks of. She is very near despair right now. She has been homeless in the past, and I think she's afraid that she won't be able to keep an apartment for long and will be out on the streets.

I ask you please to say a quick prayer for both of these women. Also, let me know if God brings any Scripture to mind that might be helpful for either of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I couldn't get into the comment before, there was some error. So I wrote my comment to this post on my blog.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I will be lifting your friends Annie and Judy before the Lord!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home