Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

June 02, 2004

Sufficient


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2Cor 12:9

What an important verse this is for us all to remember. If you are a child of God, adopted into His eternal family, His grace is sufficient to you. It is sufficient to cover all your needs. It is sufficient to take away all your sins. It is sufficient. It is enough. It is already more, right now, as you read this, than you can ever accurately comprehend or appreciate. Why then do we chaff? Why do we cry, Lord, open the floodgates!

Perhaps it is lack of faith. Perhaps it's lack of understanding. Is God for you? Has He not promised to take care of you? Does He not love you? Has He not already given you all things through Jesus Christ?

Sufficient. The blood of Jesus, sufficient. Enough and more. Nothing can separate us from the love that is in Christ Jesus. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38

The Lord is for us, and His favor is sufficient to cover all our needs. I cannot stray from this shower of grace, now that I am His. When I sin, His grace is mine in the form of forgiveness. When I obey, in the form of joy. And even if I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, His grace is sufficient. His rod and His staff, they comfort me.

So begin here, Christian. Begin here if you are chaffing under the burdens of the day, and frustrated with your lack of progress, or if it seems that the curses of this life far outweigh the blessings. If you know the Lord, it simply is not true. It is a lie, and it comes from the father of lies. The creator of heaven and earth, who cast the uncountable stars across infinite space, has planned and ordered every blessing. He holds them in store for you even now, and He has chosen the time and the season in which He will pour them out. And all this, loved one, is sufficient.

Praise the Lord!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Stark said...

What a wonderful reminder!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. :)

-Evenstar

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home