Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

June 26, 2004

City Life


One nice thing about living in a city: if you should get caught in a sudden downpour, you can always duck into a nearby art museum. That's what happened to me yesterday. I got caught. And I ducked.

Now, when I go to an art museum, I like to walk around quickly at first, just glancing at the pictures, until something positively leaps off the wall and grabs me, saying, "Stop and look, you fool!" This is one that did that to me yesterday:



It's by Robert Henri. Of course it's much more beautiful in the real. I found it here, by the way. And that's also where I found this quotation:

"Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music." William Stafford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home