Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

May 24, 2004

A Visit to Williams Temple

Just a brief post today. Yesterday Laurie (the Lovely) and Nate (the Brave and True) and I went to a special worship service at a local COGIC church called Williams Temple. They'd just completed a three or four day workshop on praise and worship, joining forces with a couple of other local churches. They had a visiting "evangelist" from Chicago, and the music was just wonderful. This was a great experience for us. Part of the appeal has to do with just enjoying the diveristy of worship-styles within the Body of Christ. Another part is the refreshing fervor of this brand of worship. I had thought my VCF church was pretty ecstatic at times, but we're quite tame compared to these folks. I will tell you plainly that I live in an almost all-Caucasian state, and in case you're wondering I myself am about as white-bread as they come, so it was just plain refreshing to worship God in this (mostly) Black congregation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home