Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

April 06, 2004

Lots of chores lately, keeping me away from the computer. Probably a good thing. Our church co-sponsored a conference this past weekend, focusing on Mercy and Compassion. I didn't go for some reason (well, I just felt like chilling out, okay?), but it seems to have been a very powerful weekend for many. The guest speakers were Vineyard pastor David Ruis (who also preached on Sunday morning) and author Don Williams. These conferences always have a tendency to energize a congregation. People on Sunday were telling me how incredible it was, and how the Holy Spirit really moved in power, etc. Why does the Holy Spirit like conferences so much? I don't think I'm going to skip these things anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home