Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

April 30, 2004

Haibun

Not much time for blogging today. Tonight we have our first PDL group meeting. I'm looking forward to this. The group is really where the rubber meets the road (as they say). I'm finding the book pretty weak, but obviously there are many people who would disagree. I just pray that Laurie and I can help them along. I'll report in greater depth when the whole thing is over, but suffice it to say that this book is not going to be the focus of my morning devotions.

Also: I've discovered the haibun. For those of you not interested in poetry, least of all in Japanese poetic forms, this will perhaps be a big yawn. But I find it intriguing. I'm going to play around with it myself, I think. Maybe . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home