Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

April 24, 2004

40 Days of PDL


This morning our church gathered for the "kick-off" of its Purpose Driven
Life
program. I'm very excited to be finally getting started with this. I've read some highly-critical things (as noted here) and while some of it is fair, some has seemed to me to be of the hypercritical sort so common in the church. You know what I mean: He didn't say the words exactly as they must be said, he left out that which must never be left out, etc.

I'll just say that I thought Rick Warren's opening message this morning (simulcast live from Saddleback Church) was outstanding. There may have been two statements along the way that I thought somewhat off-base, but these did not detract from his essential points, which were in my opinion entirely sound. The "40 days" begin tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home