Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

March 24, 2004

Taking Stock



This morning marks a kind of beginning. Heaven knows I'm enamored by beginnings, but more often than not a stranger to finish-lines, completions. Last-night I did finish something, however. A New Testament survey class. This has been part of a series of fairly rigorous (academically speaking) classes offered at my church. I've decided to suspend my involvement in this program for the time being. I am going to dedicate that time instead to the research and writing of a book on the Spiritual gift of encouragement. I've never written a book before, and don't even know where to begin, but really feel led in this direction. I hope to learn much. I hope to be used by God through this process, to His glory and His only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home