Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

February 10, 2004

A little while back Susan of What a beautiful day! suggested encouragingly that maybe I should write a book about encouragement. Well, I'm thinking about it. I mean, I'm really thinking about it! Someone once told me that everyone ought to at least TRY to write a book, just so they might know the difficulty and thereby better appreciate those who have done so successfully. Also, the English historian Paul Johnson wrote, in the introduction to his book A History of the American People, that the best way to learn something was to write a book about it. Therefore . . .

I'm going to write a book about encouragement. There, I've said it. And if any of you, my intrepid Readers, want to help, you can send me your suggested examples of Biblical encouragement. Or you can just write to me to say, I'm pullin' for ya, Champ!

By the way, my thanks to Between the Cushions for his kind comments a few days back. I especially like your blog because it includes some good history and poetry links, two subjects that interest me a good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home