Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

December 11, 2003

Lately I've been toying with the idea of developing some sort of ministry of encouragement. I mean by that, I've been deliberating about what such a ministry would be like. The bottom-line is, I'm trying to be more intentional about my own role in God's plan, the use of my own gifts and talents for the purpose of the Kingdom.

So, encouragement. Of course I've had something to say already on this score (see Sat. Dec. 6 post). And will have more. In the aforesaid post I discussed the meaning of both the English word and its Greek counterpart (paraklesis). Now I want to move on to the Biblical model of encouragement. I want to answer the question: where does encouragement stand in the grand design of God to bring all things into submission to Jesus? This blog is going to become, I think, a notepad for this investigation. So hold onto your hats, dear Readers (and I know who you are!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home