Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

December 29, 2003

Hi, folks! Back from brief holiday excursion followed by a few days of R&R. Saw The Return of the King last night. I think it was wonderful, all in all. Peter Jackson has done something I once thought un-doable. He has, I think, captured the essence of Middle-Earth. Well, I say that, but it's been years since I last read the books. Therefore, I've started reading them again. So maybe, after having done so, I'll be in a better position to say, one way or the other, whether Peter Jackson really has captured their essence or not. But for now, well, I'm swept away. As this article by Rich Lowry states better than I could, it's a masterpiece of pop-culture.

***

A big thank you to blogging.teen for his kind words. This kid is, well, just a little amazing. Take a look at his blogroll, at his list of favorite websites, and (especially) at the book he's currently reading, and then remind yourself that he is but 14 years old. Jeesh! Not only that, but he's added me to his blogroll, so I do feel honored. Thank you, blogging.teen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home