Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

November 06, 2003

Small group meeting tonight. I know we'll be praying a lot for C., who is checking himself into a drug rehab on Monday. This is a huge step for him. Tomorrow he will be sitting down with Pastor M., another big step. I don't know if C. (or anyone else for that matter) really understands what he is about to pass through, but I know it's going to be a battle. He does have, I think, a degree of faith, a flickering flame, and he will surely need it to confront the demons in his past. I just keep thinking of Jeremiah 29:11-- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home