Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

October 28, 2003

A really excellent message from Joel today at Meditatio. What he says about the role of confession and forgiveness in the church is, well, what I wish I'd said.

I have been thinking about the Cross. You know, I get the feeling sometimes that I really have nothing more than the vaguest notion about what the Cross really means to my life today. I want to investigate that possibility. I want to discover my ignorance and rejoice. I want to "get a clue" as to the vast richness that flows like a river from the foot of the Cross. I want to move in the direction of knowing. Stumbling, no doubt. But thirsty. More on this next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home