Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

October 16, 2003

Hello, friends. What do you know, I said I was only going to post to this blog once or twice a week, and here I'm at it nearly every day!

We'll be having our small group tonight, and I really think God has given me a Word for the members, so I'm excited about that. Pray for me please that I would speak in boldness and love, and for the Holy Spirit to be present at work in all of us.

Well, I promised myself, and I promise my readers (all two or three of them!) that I will never post to this blog unless I truly have something worthwhile to offer. The desire of my heart is to encourage and build up. It is to speak God's love into your ear. It is to urge you to receive the forgiveness of the Lord and really trust it, walk in it.

Dallas Willard has written (in his boook Renovation of the Heart) that the true purpose of church is to produce disciples (that is, students, followers) of Jesus Christ. More Peters, Pauls, Jameses, Marys, Marthas, etc. People who exude the aroma of Christ in their daily lives.

I will have more to say on this theme, but I am running out of time this morning. For now, check out this article by Willard. This man is right on the money.

In the mean time, "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

Oh, and Con, if you're reading this, have a sweet day! Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home