Mr. Standfast

"Nothing taken for granted; everything received with gratitude; everything passed on with grace." G. K. Chesterton

October 23, 2003

A cold morning, with a nasty wind, freezing rain and even a few flakes of snow. Ah, Maine! The way life should be!

Our small-group meets this evening. Our practice is to worship together, then to talk a little (about our week, or about the way in which God has moved in our lives during the past week, or about some truth from the Word) and then to pray a lot. Last week we talked about forgiveness, and how it's the starting point of the Way of the Lord. This week I think I want to bring a message regarding the flip-side of repentance, which is confession. Confessing our sins to the Lord is a practice that gladdens His heart, because by it we show that we are indeed His children. I'm just going to bring a few passages of Scripture for us to read together. I pray that the message I bring be truly the Lord's message for our hearts.

N. is still struggling (see Oct. 21 entry), but I do believe that God is drawing him through this turmoil. Please, any who read this, do keep him in prayer, and I will keep you posted as to his progress. God is moving in this young man's life, of this I have no doubt. I just pray that after the sowing in tears there will come the reaping with songs of joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home